KSpell & ISpell

cpdrummond at freeuk.com cpdrummond at freeuk.com
Thu Apr 18 22:03:40 BST 2002

Hi,

Currently when KSpell lists the available ISpell dictionaries, it looks for
*.aff files. On my SuSE 7.1 system, there is only 1 .aff file - english.aff.
This, annoyingly enough, defaults to using the American English dictionary
(because english.hash is sym-linked to american.hash)

I think it would be better if KSpell would instead search for *.hash files -
in this case, *all* dictionary sizes, and languages are listed.

I've attached a patch which accomplishes this. If it's OK, then I'd like to
commit.

Thanks

Craig.

p.s. I know that I could just sym-link english.aff to british.aff - but this
still only allows access to 1 dictionary size, and is not newbie-friendly.

p.p.s. This is the first patch I've done, so I hope it's the correct way
around!