Application duplication (was: Re: cdbakeoven)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Apr 18 14:12:01 BST 2002

On Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 13:05, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday April 18, 2002 03:35, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > I would ask to please move kaudiocreator and cdbakeoven back to
> > kdenonbeta and publishing those programs externally as seperate programs
> > until you have all come to terms which program will be a standard
> > cdburning application that is included and shipped with KDE. (I know
> > this isn't very fair, but KOnCD has been included first and is now
> > shipped with KDE 3.0, but you have an influence in chaning that)
>
> What on earth do kaudiocreator and cdbakeoven have in common?  Maybe you
> should try examining exactly what the applications are before you go
> dismissing them as bloat.
The point is that functionality should be collected and put in one
application. If a CD-Burning app covers ripping audio-cd's in a gui, too, the
better. You missed the point where I said one app can do things another one
can't and vice-versa, but everything under one topic should be collected.

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org