KSystemTray: The saga continues...

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Apr 13 22:57:56 BST 2002

On Saturday 13 April 2002 23:34, David Faure wrote:
> So, how to distinguish between the two? I thought about reimplementing
> virtual bool close(), but that only distinguishes the X button case from
> all the others AFAICS - not good. Therefore the only solution I see is an
> "ugly"  KMainWindow::setClosedBySystemTray() which sets a bool internally,
> which tells the closeEvent to really close (instead of "hide" when a
> systray exists). Then the systray code can call setClosedBySystemTray()
> before calling close(), on the mainwindow, when 'Quit' is selected.

does that mean a two-part patch that also adds the necessary code to
KMainWindow, or adding an accessor method closedBySystray() to KMW? Currently
the code that hides the window is in kopete's main window and not in kdelibs.
I guess it could be moved there, but that's definitely 3.1 code then, it is
then more than a few-line fix in a single method that would fit in the
branch...

darn :(

Martijn