Integration of virtual folders in home directory tree?

Jörg Walter ehrlich at ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de
Thu Apr 11 19:55:20 BST 2002

On Wednesday, 10. April 2002 01:16, Volker Augustin wrote:

> is there a way to integrate "virtual folders" in the users home directory
> tree? I would like to define .desktop files containing ioslave urls like
> fish://user@host/path and want to assign a folder name to those urls
> and that folder name should then be shown in the normal home directory
> folder tree as subfolders of the folder containing them. It should be

So you simply create a link (.desktop file) via drag&drop and assign it a
folder icon? Or do you mean having the contents of the remote filesystem
displayed in-line with the local filesystem in tree view mode? Sounds
interesting, but probably is hard to achieve.

> possible to preset a password. If no password has been set in the .desktop
> file, the ioslave associated with the .desktop file should ask for the
> password and then try to open the location.

Passwords and user names are handled just like in any URL:
protocol://user:pass@host/path (at least for most 'classic' protocols), that
should be no problem. Asking for a pass when one is needed is regular IOSlave
behaviour.

--
CU
	Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94