Profiling question

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Wed Apr 10 21:19:27 BST 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, aleXXX wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 April 2002 21:16, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > Just curious: anyone of those who did profiling knows if KConfig and
> > friends are a substantial part of startup time?
> >
> > If yes, is that caused by all the directory listings/file
> > openings/closings or by the data reasing itself?
>
> The reading and parsing of the config files itself is quite optimized, there
> ain't much left to improve I think. On my box (still the old K6/200) one
> config file consumes approx. 0.01 s, but we load a whole bunch of config
> files, so this sums up.

Right. I was asking because it could all be replaced with two database
acceses, which *could* be faster, but I don't know if that is really the
case.

as the theory goes: only optimize the slow stuff ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)