Profiling question

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Wed Apr 10 20:47:06 BST 2002

On Wed 10. April 2002 21:16, Roberto Alsina wrote:
> Just curious: anyone of those who did profiling knows if KConfig and
> friends are a substantial part of startup time?
>
> If yes, is that caused by all the directory listings/file
> openings/closings or by the data reasing itself?

 I had a quick at KConfig several months ago and it didn't seem to be a
serious bottleneck to me (at that time, I don't know now - as we all know,
KDE is now faster, I read it on /. :) ). The only thing that I noticed as
maybe worth the effort was doing something with kdeglobals, as a) it rarely
changes, b) it can be much larger that the actual config file read.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak at suse.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli