Am I allowed to add a new module to kde's cvs ?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Apr 10 18:59:09 BST 2002

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 09:25 am, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 April 2002 19:21, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > > How about a new kdekiosk (or perhaps there is a better name) package
> > > for apps useful for kiosk or enterprise lockdown or network
> > > administration usage?
> >
> > Sounds good
>
> Hm, but a lot of kdebase stuff is also kiosk handy but not all of it.
> Wouldn't a --enable-kiosk (or whatever) in the existing modules be more
> useful? It could disable certain apps and features.

Kiosk features are compiled in by default and can be activated at run-time by
editing kdeglobals. kdekiosk could contain applications exlusively aimed at
kiosk-mode operation, like the application mentioned in this thread and
perhaps for an GUI app that allows you to lock down desktops using the
kiosk-features already present.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com