SVG icons

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Wed Apr 10 10:27:57 BST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> Ok that sounds really great to me.
> So i'll check out latest libart_lgpl from gnome cvs, put in the custom
> ksvg patches and commit it into kdesupport/libart.

Btw. how large are the custom patches?  You might consider to check in
also the diff, if it's not too long, just for reference.  Are these diffs
absolutely needed?  For instance does something not compile with a
unpatched libarts, if the user choosed not to compile kdesupport?  You
anyway should try hard to get your changes included into official libart.

> Any autoconf (make?) magic neeed?

If I look correctly at the libart_lgpl module in gnome's webcvs it should
be enough to copy that directory into kdesupport (as libart probably) and
add an "ADD_MODULE(libart)" after the other ADD_MODULE's in the toplevel
configure.in.  Remember to not add generated files, i.e. a clean checkout
of gnome's version should be enough.

> To detect wheter it's installed or not.

We also don't do this for e.g. libxml, we just install it.  We provide (by
the above ADD_MODULE's) --with-blabla switches to configure (defaulting to
yes) so the user can choose which modules from kdesupport he wants.  This
is enough.

Ciao,
Michael.