KConfig <-> KLocale problem

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Apr 10 05:47:41 BST 2002

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 02:40 pm, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 April 2002 22:06, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Would it work if we would say that:
> >
> > * kdeglobals should define the language
> > * kdeglobals may not contain localized entries
>
> That would mean that you can't easily run applications in different
> languages tho. Not that I would want to do that, but I think I once read
> about that in a newsgroup.

I could detect whether reading <app>rc changes the language and reparse the
file in that case. That would only happen in the odd case that you define the
language for a specific app.

Something else, should we make it possible to use an alternative config-file.
E.g. myapp --config /tmp/foorc would then read/write /tmp/foorc instead of
myapprc.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com