Get QSqlite while it's there!

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Tue Apr 9 22:17:50 BST 2002

Ok, it will not go away, but just for marketing value ;-)

I just uploaded it to ftp.kde.com, so check it out, it's only 6644 bytes
;-)

In case you missed the earlier message: it's a QSqlPlugin that uses
sqlite, a very small, simple, sql DBMS. Should make data-aware widgets
useful for ordinary apps.

IT HAS A BUNCH OF PROBLEMS.

I have not even tried to make it not leak memory, but it works enough for
the qsqltable example (patched version included) to run!

I tried to hack it to support the same datatype names as MySQL does, but
it is probably broken as hell (I only tested strings myself ;-)

If a better programmer than myself wants to take a look it's a tiny yet
useful piece of code.

It was only tested on sqlite 2.4, the sqlite homepage is
www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/

It requires tmake to compile, which should come with qt anyway.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)