RFC: Kate Part + fixed / non-fixed fonts

Christoph Cullmann crossfire at babylon2k.de
Tue Apr 9 17:44:14 BST 2002

Hi,
kate seem to have some speed probs, due of "lame" redraw at the moment. My
plan to improve the whole drawing / calculation stuff would be to drop the
support for non-fixed fonts, or at least enforce them to behave like "fixed"
ones. (Which would make the most text-width, cursor-pos, view-pos, ...
calculations VERY fast + easy)
But before I go to do that, I first want to get some feedback about the idea,
in the areas:

1. would that kill any unicode support in the future ?
2. would there be some other probs I don't thought of ?

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph "Crossfire" Cullmann