PATCH: kio_http

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Apr 9 06:07:25 BST 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 09:41 pm, Dawit A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch for kio_http that fixes and/or modifies the following
> things, please review since it needs to be backported into 3_0_BRANCH as
> well
>
> - Make HTTP authentication over a proxied SSL connection work.  Problem
> reported on kfm-devel by David Bishop.  This was broken when we were
> attempting to fix persistent connections.  It also showed me another bug
> where we were prematurely storing the authentication data which incorrectly
> resulted in the "Authentication Failed" dialog.
>
> - Remove two function: unused httpIsConnected which I added at one time and
> subsequently forgot to remove.  And httpCloseConnection which is simply
> redundant to closeConnection.  closeConnection simply called
> httpCloseConnection.

The difference is that httpCloseConnection is an internal function while
closeConnection gets called from the application as part of the slave API. I
rather keep the two seperate.

> - Re-do the persistent connection fix and handle it in one function
> httpClose instead of all the places we call httpCloseConnection now.  I
> only consider POST to be an idempotent method as per 2616. Still if we want
> we can change the check to only allow persistence for GET.

Yes, please, I did add it for those other methods for a reason.

Please note that mkdir still calls closeConnection itself, I guess it should
be removed there.

> - Do not send back HTTP Version number as well as header meta-data unless
> the "PropagateHttpResponse" meta-data has been set.  Save some CPU cycles
> as Waldo suggested.
>
> Regards,
> Dawit A.

Cheers,