PATCH: kio_http

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Apr 9 05:41:04 BST 2002

Hi,

Here is a patch for kio_http that fixes and/or modifies the following things,
please review since it needs to be backported into 3_0_BRANCH as well

- Make HTTP authentication over a proxied SSL connection work.  Problem
reported on kfm-devel by David Bishop.  This was broken when we were
attempting to fix persistent connections.  It also showed me another bug
where we were prematurely storing the authentication data which incorrectly
resulted in the "Authentication Failed" dialog.

- Remove two function: unused httpIsConnected which I added at one time and
subsequently forgot to remove.  And httpCloseConnection which is simply
redundant to closeConnection.  closeConnection simply called
httpCloseConnection.

- Re-do the persistent connection fix and handle it in one function httpClose
instead of all the places we call httpCloseConnection now.  I only consider
POST to be an idempotent method as per 2616. Still if we want we can change
the check to only allow persistence for GET.

- Do not send back HTTP Version number as well as header meta-data unless the
"PropagateHttpResponse" meta-data has been set.  Save some CPU cycles as
Waldo suggested.

Regards,
Dawit A.