SVG icons

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Sun Apr 7 22:27:59 BST 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:19:15PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Alexander Kellett
>
> > I still don't get how this would help much. libart is not commonly found
> > in distributions in src / -devel form is it? therefore you'd need it in
> > kdesupport/kdelibs anyways.
>
> No, you'd just enable it if the library was available on the user's system,
> same as we do for many other things. At the moment, SVG support is very much
> an optional extra, as we don't have any icons. So we may as well add autoconf
> support for it.

Very good point. SVG support is very likely not to exist in any form
except for designers and devels as the icon themes will be in png form
for distribution in most cases, i'm guessing, unless.....

Any chance of nautilus-like "custom" (only really custom for svg) icons sizes
per icon for KDE 3.1???

:-)

Alex