SVG icons

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Sun Apr 7 21:41:36 BST 2002

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:29:55PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Nikolas Zimmermann
>
> > Problem is, many use own patches
> > ksvg: one patch which could be included into libart cvs, one HACKY nasty
> > one, which is not ready for libart releases.
> >
> > kopainter: has only the first patch, from ksvg, which is ok
> > kdecore/svgicons: contains also the "first" patch, and is stripped down
> >
> > All LGPL, no license issues (speaking about svgicons)
> >
> > What shall we do?
>
> Ask the libart people to integrate patch #1, I suppose.

I still don't get how this would help much. libart is not commonly found
in distributions in src / -devel form is it? therefore you'd need it in
kdesupport/kdelibs anyways.

Although I agree with removing the duplicates of it, therefore it'd like
to see it in kdesupport. But with our own patches integrated?, I very much
doubt that that would work out...

Anyways, the other HACKY patch (i guess the one i did wildfox?) is pretty
easy to get into a good form and submitted, or else we could just
duplicate that code alone in ksvg.

Alex "unable to make coherent utterances" Kellett

--
kelletta at eidetica.com           (lypanov)           http://lypanov.shacknet.nu