Where to commit KRichTextEditPart

Richard Moore rich at xmelegance.org
Sat Apr 6 02:28:04 BST 2002

On Friday 05 April 2002 8:47 pm, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Friday 05 April 2002 22:01, Richard Moore wrote:
> > Where is the best place to put my KPart wrapper around QTextEdit? It is
> > an easy to use KPart that provides simple rich text editing facilities.
> > I've had interest in using it from the kmail team, and it could also be
> > useful for apps like kit and kaim. The code is tiny, so I'd suggest
> > kdelibs might be the best place for it.
> >
> > Any other opinions?
>
> Think that's a nice idea ;) Does it only wrap qtextedit 1:1 into a kpart or
> does it supports some ktexteditor interfaces too ?

It doesn't support the text editor interface at the moment, but that's a good
idea. :-)

Currently, the part supports the most commonly used subset of the QTextEdit
operations, but even that is incomplete (tables are not supported for
example). When I wrote this class I was aiming to keep it simple while making
it possible for apps to extend the facilities, but I'm happy to accept
patches that make it more powerful.

Cheers

Rich.