KDE 3.0 Requirements

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Fri Apr 5 22:26:07 BST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> On Friday 29 March 2002 19:37, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > I have the following (incorrect) list of library requirements for KDE
>
> That's a nice idea. But you should split it up into:
> - soft dependancies (you loose some feature, but still can compile it)

My favorite soft dependency is:

pilot-link 0.9.x (for KPilot with serial Palm devices or older USB Palm
devices) or or 0.10.x (for KPilot with serial and USB devices including
the m50x and Sony Clie).

Supporting externak hardware really sucks, you know. Without this library,
KPilot will not compile and you will be unable to sync your Palm OS device
with KDE.