[kde-community] Auto-enable NumLock for Plasma Login Manager

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sat Aug 29 04:47:55 BST 2026


On Fri, 28 Aug 2026 14:53:11 +0000
lian hua <hhxdyts at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello KDE Community,
> 
> I'd like to introduce a small project I've been working on called plm-numlock.
> 
> The Plasma Login Manager (PLM) doesn’t automatically turn on the NumLock key
> on the login screen by default. Even after I tried changing the config files
> following the official Arch wiki docs, it didn’t work. This script can fix
> the problem and turn on NumLock automatically, so users don’t have to press
> the key manually every time they log in.
> 
> I've already tested this project on Fedora, Arch, and CachyOS. You can find
> it on GitHub:https://github.com/bailuocf/plm-numlock.
> 
> The README is available in both English and Simplified Chinese.
> 
> I would really appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or testing from the
> community. In particular, I look forward to hearing from KDE Plasma
> developers – if this tool proves useful, I'd be interested in discussing
> whether it could be considered for inclusion in future Plasma releases.
> 
> Please feel free to reply directly to this email or open an issue on GitHub.
> Thank you for your time and consideration.

hi lian,

thanks.

see
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/58310/difference-between-printf-and-echo-in-bash

-- 

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Star Trek: “We, the Living Dead” - https://shlom.in/st-wtld

*Harry*: Yes, it is obvious that this pig is the most beautiful person for
miles.
*Miss Piggy*: Indeed. Candice Swanepoel ain’t got nothing on… Moi!
    — https://is.gd/zsmond

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - https://shlom.in/reply .


More information about the kde-community mailing list