What are the Promo contractors up to? Weeks 07, 08 & 09 - 2024 - Megarelease Special

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Tue Mar 5 21:02:14 GMT 2024

Dear Fellow Community Member,

You may have noticed we missed last week's report. We both remembered, but
when Wednesday rolled round and we were still up to our eyeballs in
announcement stuff, we both went

"Awww. Frick it!"

(^ Sanitised because Aniqa doesn't swear).

Apart from the obvious thing, you may notice successes on the Network front:
we now have a fully functional Nepalese Network that even celebrated
Megarelease day with a healthy attendance; and a spanking new Costa Rica
Network kicking off. Along with the successes of the Providence Network, that
managed to get into a state-wide newspaper (both online and in print), this
has been a whopper few months for grassroots communities.

Enjoy the report.

Aniqa and Paul

---
### Things done

* Created all media and re-wrote texts for KDE Slimbook V special web page
* Wrote press release and social media posts for KDE Slimbook V
* Supported promotion of KDE Slimbook V on social media
* Wrote post, sourced media and posted about KDE's participation in GSoC 2024
* Supported local groups celebrating Plasm 6 release
* Created media and posted teasers for Plasma 6 announcement
* Coordinated release and promotion of Plasma 6
* Carried out moderation and reputation protection on social media
* Edited and re-wrote blog post for Plasm Mobile 6
* Created media and posted teasers for Plasma Mobile 6 announcement
* Promoted release of Plasma Mobile 6
* Started updating KDE websites
* Supported the KDE Network event in Nepal
* Started the KDE Network in Costa Rica

### Things to do

* Working on Annual Report 2023
* Working on the Fundraising Newsletter
* Working on the presentation for the Advisory Board
* Finish updating websites to Plasma 6
* Supporting community members to organize FOSSAsia
* Supporting community members to organize event in Costa Rica

### Ongoing projects and periodic tasks

* Finding and solving mistakes in websites and wikis
* Moderating social media
* Weekly data collection on followers from Twitter, Mastodon and Instagram.
* Daily data collection from mentions of KDE, Kdenlive, Krita, etc., from
media across the web.
* Daily update of progress bar and Hall of Fame on supporting member campaign
page

--
Promotion & Communication

www: https://kde.org