Academic Research Project

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Fri Jan 26 12:46:42 GMT 2024

Hi!

On 1/26/24 13:42, Paul Brown wrote:
> On Friday, 26 January 2024 06:13:14 CET manuel at transformedrecords.com wrote:
>> Good morning KDE Project,
>>
>> My name is Manuel Escalera and I am currently an University Student. I would
>> like to know more information about the KDE Project and its community as an
>> Open-Source enthusiast. I would like to know if its possible to do some
>> research into the organization as I am currently enrolled in an ethics
>> class for my University and will be required to do a research project on an
>> organization. I would like to learn about how the KDE and its community
>> that operates as a non-profit organization with thousands of volunteers
>> globally, the organization's core values, beliefs, and its social conduct.
>>
>> Thank you and hope to hear back soon.
>
> Hello Manuel,
>
> Sounds fascinating. Apart from the pointers from Ben, you may want to talk to
> Joseph Veaugh-Geiss (on CC), who is in charge of Community Relations. Joseph
> will have insights of his own you will find useful, and also contacts that will
> help you in your research.

I'd be very happy to meet and discuss. Reach out any time and let's find
a day and time!

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social