FOSDEM Booth Staff Needed!

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Jan 15 12:41:48 GMT 2024

Dear Community,

If you are planning on attending FOSDEM, please consider helping out at the
KDE booth!

https://phabricator.kde.org/T17027

Booth work can be tiring, but it is a lot of fun and a fundamental part of
helping people discover KDE. Besides, we have a lot of interesting stuff to
show off and fun goals to meet this year.

We would need at least 2 people per shift, and between 3 and 4 shifts so
people staffing the booth can take breaks, eat, get some fresh air and and go to
the bathroom.

Ideally we would need at least one person per shift who has comprehensive
technical knowledge of what is being shown on the table to answer attendees
questions, or help them "play" with the stuff. See the description of what we
are planning to have on the table at the task:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T17027

If you have anything you think will be worth showing, or you want to showcase
your own project, please bring it!

Of course you also want to go to talks, and the FOSDEM Schedule seems to be
100% decided at this stage.

https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/

Check it out and see if you can work out helping at the booth around the talks
you want to attend.

Thanks!

Aniqa & Paul
--