Just dumped GNOME for good! Could use some pointers...

Richard Troy rtroy at ScienceTools.com
Wed Sep 20 16:55:10 BST 2023

Thanks Martin,

I've subscribed - in addition to just spending the last THREE hours or
thereabouts trying to figure out why KDE won't recognize my THREE audio
cards. But this isn't the place for that dialogue - I'll go to that list
you pointed me to if I can't find some KDE-related place that's more
specific to this kind of problem

However, regarding your suggestions on scanning: To my shock and delight,
simple-scan permits true high-definition scanning - I tried 1200 DPI and
my testing so far (not very in-depth) shows that it seems to actually be
doing the real thing with the hardware and not faking it out like some
packages do.

BTW, going to pdf isn't a goal of my scanning. But thanks for the tips!
This really is a welcoming community!

Now, hopefully someone can help me solve the audio problem without having
me reinstall from scratch!

Regards,
Richard

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

...snip...
...I'd installed: