Just dumped GNOME for good! Could use some pointers...

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Wed Sep 20 08:10:01 BST 2023

Richard Troy - 20.09.23, 05:55:27 CEST:
> I'd just installed a bunch of packages, trying to find the right scanner
> software and, while doing that, I stumbled over this thing called
> Kdenlive, and installed it, too, since I'm both curious and have some
> video editing to do. ... I suspect it's the Kdenlive that did it, but
> if anyone can comment, the list I installed was:
>
> gimp   scanlite   sane   gscan2pdf   simple-scan   kdenlive

Skanpage and Skanlite are both KDE scanning applications.

Skanlite is more for scanning a single page to a PNG file, Skanpage for
scanning multiple pages into a PDF file. But I was told newer versions of
Skanpage support more of the features of Skanlite, so Skanpage may be able
to replace Skanlite by now. I still have Skanpage 22.12 here, so I did not
see those new features yet.

Best
--
Martin