[announcement] Telegram bridging to be retired Wed. 20 Sept. | 5 to-dos

Fusion Future qydwhotmail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 15:34:33 BST 2023

+1 for the decision. I don't feel it very necessary to maintain the
Telegram bridge as GNOME chat rooms are also Matrix/IRC only. I also see
the Telegram bridge becomes more and more reliable in other non-KDE
groups, so it's increasingly annoying that sometimes messages sent from
Matrix can't be seen on the other side without senders knowing it. The
decision will greatly save both developers and normal users' time since
messages will be sent and read in a central place.

Postponing the deadline is not ideal, since there always will be people
jumping out saying "Why wasn't I told" "Was it discussed before" again
and again.