planet forwarding to discuss?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Jun 21 16:20:09 BST 2023

On 6/21/23 16:57, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2023, 16:20:21 CEST schrieb Nate Graham:
>> Regarding the topic of having comments split across multiple places, I'm
>> afraid that ship has sailed. I have comments on my blog, and the
>> discussion nevertheless gets split across Reddit, Mastodon, Phoronix,
>> and Discuss already.
>
> Isn't it a difference if a discussion happens at some external place or if it
> happens in some KDE place? People might rather expect the original post author
> around in a KDE one, no?

The concern sounds quite theoretical and I'm not sure it's actually a
problem in practice. Have you had this experience in the past?

Speaking from personal experience as someone whose blog posts are
syndicated quite widely, I've never once run into the expectation that I
would be available for comment on the old forum.kde.org, or the new
discuss.kde.org. On the contrary, the only place I've experienced this
expectation has been on Reddit, which we don't have control over.

Nate