planet forwarding to discuss?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Jun 21 15:23:00 BST 2023

On Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2023 16:09:48 CEST Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2023, 15:02:31 CEST schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> > The downside is splitting where discussion happens but it's not a big ask
> > to expect KDE devs to visit Discuss at times.
>
> Being a developer, I think it is ;)

I agree. I could never bring myself to use any of our forums. I'm living on
mailing lists, our GitLab, and many Matrix channels. I only have that much
input capacity.

> Personally I never had time left for forums.kde.org, discuss.kde.org does
> not change that fact.

Exactly my experience and sentiment.

On the other hand, our KDE PIM blog on kontact.org doesn't allow commenting. I
suppose giving people the possibility to comment on the blog on discuss would
be nice even if I probably wouldn't read the comments.

Regards,
Ingo