Retirement of IRC Services and KDETalk.net (Jabber)

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:30:04 BST 2023

El dom, 21 may 2023 a la(s) 07:42, Christian (Fuchs) (kde at fuchsnet.ch) escribió:
> while I can't comment on the Jabber side, some questions about IRC and the
> Telegram bridges. The latter seems to be still in use in some of the more
> graphically oriented communities, e.g. quite a handful of people in the VDG
> chat seem to be using it, do we have numbers on that, also what services does
> that bridge to? The name suggests Mattermost (?), but I don't think we have
> that. Depending on which services it bridges to, some channels might like to
> have that. If it's none of importance, then yeah, probably that can be gone.

I think Matterbridge started as a Mattermost-IRC bridge, but now it
supports dozens of chat protocols and the name stuck; we never used it
for Mattermost. We are using it only for IRC-Telegram on some channels
which, as Kenny said, weren't migrated to the Matrix<->Telegram bridge
yet. I also had it bridging Libera+Freenode+Telegram for a day or two
when some people were still unaware of the move to Libera.

--
Nicolás