BSD 3 Clause?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Dec 21 18:46:21 GMT 2022

> Now does this mean that BSD-3-Clause may be used instead of BSD-2-Clause
> for CMake code or that it must not be used? Can we clarify the wiki page?

3 clause just adds "Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names
of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.".  It's fine to
use in KDE software but I'd advise against it as it just adds an additional
restriction that needs cared about which isn't of much benefit.

If you'd like to add a clarification to the licence policy do propose
amendments here or at
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy/Draft

Jonathan