Upgrading meet.kde.org

Kenny Coyle kcoyle at kde.org
Mon Nov 28 16:00:00 GMT 2022

Hi folks,

Since the start of the pandemic, we have been using BigBlueButton (running
on meet.kde.org) to organise meetings, sprints, conferences and ad-hoc
events. Following some configuration changes needed for Akademy, we have
decided to improve the service onto more performant hardware.

This change allows us to make some changes that have been on the backlog
for some time:

 - Upgrade BBB to latest supported release
 - Migrate meet.kde.org to invent.kde.org single-sign-on.

While this change should be somewhat seamless, please be aware that we are
migrating existing room configurations, but we will not be migrating
existing recordings. We will be archiving the existing recordings, so they
will be available for a reasonable time if you raise a ticket with sysadmin
following the usual process.

We intend to complete the migration next weekend, and will aim to do so
when meet.kde.org does not have any active meetings.

Thanks,
Kenny (with my sysadmin hat on).