Gitlab update, 2FA now mandatory

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:07:56 BST 2022

Le 24/10/2022 à 09:24, Ivan Čukić a écrit :
>>> Sorry to be dense, but without a webauthn token device, it seems I'm at
>>> a total block if I don't have a phone (or don't have it with me.)  Is
>>> that correct, or is there some fine manual I need to read?
>> You can generate TOTP codes using KeePassXC.
> There's also Dan Vratil's Plasma Pass which does OTP (I'm using it for
> everything nowadays - don't even launch the app on my phone anymore)
>
> Cheers,
> Ivan

I didn't see it mentionned on this list yet, there's also the oathtool
command.

It can be used either directly (
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/17124 ) or in a more
secure way with a bit of scripting (like in this example
https://karl-voit.at/2019/03/03/oathtool-otp/ ).

Cheers,

Timothée