Changes to login to Wordpress sites

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Aug 8 19:47:01 BST 2022

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 12:48 AM Scott Petrovic <scottpetrovic at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi Ben,

HI Scott,

> Thanks for getting that set up. I tested out both the Matomo site and the
> WordPress krita.org and the "log in with OpenID" path works for me.
>
> Going forward, I guess we should try to do all our website logins with
> this? Is there any page or documentation on how to get this going if we
> decide to make a website in the future that needs this? I haven't done it
> before, so not sure how technical it gets setting it up. I imagine it is
> easier if you use a popular framework like WordPress or Drupal, but what if
> we do something with a static site generator or something else that doesn't
> have an easy plugin to set up?

This is standard OpenID Connect (an extension to the OAuth2 specification)
so anything that supports that flow should support login via KDE Invent
(Gitlab).
Going forward all contributor focused sites should use this yes.

Sites intended for users should supply their own login system.

Not sure why a static site would need a login though.

Cheers,
Ben