Future of Web Single Sign On in KDE

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 19:53:19 BST 2022

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 2:40 AM Halla Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On zondag 17 juli 2022 11:54:27 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
> > I'd therefore like to move away from both Identity and MyKDE to Gitlab.
>
> What will that mean for fund.krita.org? That currently uses mykde, and
> that already is a problem for quite a few people to figure out how to
> create an account and login.

The Krita Fund will need to be sorted out separately, as the Blender Fund
app from which it is sourced is fairly tightly coupled with Blender ID
(which is where MyKDE came from).
There is also the slight issue of it's dependence on Braintree.

As Ingo points out though, for user focused sites allowing a variety of
login providers is likely the best path forward.

> Halla

Cheers,
Ben