Telemetry in Plasma and Discover

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Tue Jul 12 00:53:13 BST 2022

Hello all,

It's come to my attention that Plasma and Discover implemented support
for opt-in-telemetry without complying with the requirements listed at
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Telemetry_Policy#Compliance. The
Request for review was done solely in a merge request, not also on these
mailing lists.

I am retroactively emailing the kde-core-devel and kde-community mailing
lists to request review of the telemetry support in these KDE products
so that we can be in compliance with our own policies, should the review
be positive and use of opt-in telemetry continues.

Relevant commits:
-
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/commit/15dd744a3ba42cecc04f3e7a51148e9be3345c6d
-