Akademy 2022 Covid-19 Mitigation

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 10:44:46 BST 2022

On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 08:34:40AM +0100, Kenny Duffus wrote:
>On Tuesday, 5 July 2022 14:34:12 BST Neal Gompa wrote:
>> I mostly have N95 masks myself, as that's all I can acquire here. Can
>> those be acceptable too?
>>

>We decided to specify FFP2/3 because those are the only ones certified for use in Europe

given that n95 is certified by a widely recognized national authority,
and that numerous studies have demonstrated that the two types are
substantially equivalent wrt covid, insisting on ffp2 is pointless
pedantry. this is especially glaring given the uncertain situation
regarding venue staff.

>People shouldn't go to any trouble trying to get FFP2 or FFP3 masks as
>we will have plenty available

some randomly picked mask will almost certainly have a worse fit than a
model a person has been using for a while, thus completely defeating any
theoretical advantages ffp2 may have over n95 (which, again, it
doesn't).