KDE turns 25!

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Oct 14 13:01:00 BST 2021

Hi everyone,

Today is the 25th anniversary of KDE \o/ A quarter of a century of
free software for everyone - this is a big achievement. We have truly
built something that lasts and that we can be proud of.
As this is an occasion to celebrate there are a number of things
happening and a lot of lovely things have been prepared. Go check them
out at https://25years.kde.org/ It'd be especially lovely to see many
of you at the fireside chats. The first one is happening later today
with the board.

I would like to draw your attention to some of the lovely notes people
have been writing to show their appreciation for our work:
* https://twitter.com/kdecommunity/status/1446035689972318211
* https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/q34vku/kde_is_turning_25_years_old_soon_what_is_one/
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaBzHPijA6k

Thank you for being a part of KDE's story so far and being with us for
what comes next!

Cheers and happy anniversary
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors