The KDE Network America

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Sep 23 10:27:28 BST 2021

On Thursday, 23 September 2021 10:56:37 CEST Aniqa Khokhar wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> We are starting the KDE Network in the US
> (https://community.kde.org/The_KDE_Network), as we would like to support
> and promote KDE there.
>
> Bhavisha Dhruve (also copied in this email) is part of the team. We would
> like more members from the Community living in the US to join the team.
>
> If you are interested, we can provide more information. Please feel free to
> contact Bhavisha or me.

Great news, Aniqa and Bhavisha! I am looking forward to see how this grows.

I just have a small request on behalf of our friends in the non-US Americas:
Can we avoid referring to the US as "America" in our communications, please?
As many Mexicans, Argentinians, Peruvians, Hondurans, Brasilians and so on
will rightly remind us, their countries are also "America". It is an act of
imperialistic and offensive hubris towards non-US Americans to refer to one
single country with that name.

So, instead of "KDE Network America", can we make the point of always
referring to our organisation as "KDE Network US" or "KDE Network USA",
please?

Cheers

Paul
--