Extending the license policy to include Apache-2.0

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 17 06:42:05 BST 2021

On Thursday, 16 September 2021 10:58:55 PDT Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> Hi, now with the very recent release of openssl 3.0 [1], I think we have to
> eventually face the question what to do in this regard. But the not too
> small number of historic GPL-2.0-only files [2] yet is a problem.

That's an orthogonal problem. To be clear: it is a problem for the GPL-2.0-
only code, but it's irrelevant as to whether we accept Apache-2.0 content in
KDE code.

We already require at least GPLv3 and the v3 is compatible with Apache-2.0. So
we already have a solution and all compliant code has no problem with OpenSSL
3.0.