Extending the license policy to include Apache-2.0

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Sep 17 00:26:31 BST 2021

On Wednesday, 15 September 2021 21:42:24 CEST Alexander Potashev wrote:
> Parts of https://invent.kde.org/websites/aether-sass/ are licensed
> under Apache License 2.0. This disagrees with the KDE licensing
> policy.

> """
> 4. Source files that are part of a library with a public API which is
> part of the KDE Platform (kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kde-runtime and KDE
> Frameworks) must be licensed under:
> [new bullet point] * Apache-2.0: Apache License 2.0 as listed below.
> """

I'm not sure how SASS files would count as *software* released by the KDE
community and so would need to be licensed under one of the *software*
(library) licenses. Wouldn't this fall under .. um .. other materials?

The javascript all seems to be GPLv3+

[[ This is entirely independent of whether we'd like to add APL2 to the list
of acceptable **software** licenses -- I've seen others support it already,
and I don't have an opinion really ]]

[ade]