Akademy 2022

Allyson allyson.alexandrou at kde.org
Sun Aug 29 19:26:51 BST 2021

Hello!

We are looking for folks to get more involved in planning and running Akademy in 2022. This year we are hopeful to have a hybrid event and are looking to have more people get involved in all of the preparations for the online and in person aspects of 2022's event.

What we need: tech, promo, program support (committee)

Tech: We are looking for people to help us develop the technology needed for an online and hybrid conference experience. If you're interested, we have an Akademy Tools team. You can join the team in the Akademy Tools channel ( #kde-akademy-tools on IRC or via matrix https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/#kde-akademy-tools:kde.org <https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/#kde-akademy-tools:kde.org> )

Promo support: We are looking for a couple of people who are already involved in the promo group to be the "Akademy point persons." These couple of people should join the bi-weekly Akademy Team meetings and help create (and post) content on social media and help with announcements etc

Program Support (Committee): Help us put together a great program for Akademy! We are looking for a few people to be a part of the program committee, take action in reaching out to speakers you'd like to see speak at Akademy, and help put the whole program together.

If you are interested in helping in any of the tasks above, please shoot us an email at akademy-team at kde.org