kde.modular.im: "I am at least 16 years old. "

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Aug 3 09:38:19 BST 2021

On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 10:14:06 CEST Kenny Duffus wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 February 2019 15:21:28 BST Eike Hein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the e.V. board will definitely discuss this issue as well in this week's
> > call, to put some thought into the legal side vis-a-vis GDPR compliance.
> > I think the community will here is clear and non-controversial, we
> > collectively just need to think about how to do it properly. We'll
> > report back our findings.
> >
> > Anyone who has something to contribute (GDPR experts in the audience?),
> > please speak up of course.
>
> What were the Board's findings?

I'll quote from the "Board call notes 01/03/2019" mail to the e.V. membership
(so it did not go to -community, but ended up in the private list):

"""
Matrix min age check box / GDPR compliance
    We're ok with removing the limit since we are already exposed to
that risk anyway in many other places
"""

and a week later (08/03/2019)

"""
* Matrix age consent
     * We will send an email to ask them to remove it for now
"""

I presume that that (sending email) was done; there was no further follow-up
on the community (public) or membership (private) lists that I can see.

[ade] (balancing between "that's a private list, no quoting" and actually
wanting to answer the question)