Transition from share.kde.org to collaborate.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jul 29 11:41:19 BST 2021

Hi all,

This weekend we plan to transition the contents of share.kde.org over to
the new setup at collaborate.kde.org.

To facilitate this, there will be some downtime for both share.kde.org and
collaborate.kde.org to allow for the files to be transferred without
interruptions taking place. Following the completion of the transfers,
service will be resumed on collaborate.kde.org and the shared folders will
be made accessible to those people previously granted access to them.

Please note that existing shared links will unfortunately be broken due to
the nature of collaborate.kde.org being a completely new installation of
Nextcloud. Apologies for the disruption this will cause.

For those who connect to our Nextcloud instance using dedicated client
software you may need to setup an application password for it if it does
not support an OAuth based workflow. You can set these up at
https://collaborate.kde.org/settings/user/security (please note the
controls to change your password here will not work and have no effect on
your account).

Please let us know if you have any questions on the above.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin