Welcoming Eliza and Joseph to KDE e.V.

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Jul 5 21:54:52 BST 2021

Hello everyone,

Today I'm happy to let you know that KDE e.V. has hired Eliza and
Joseph, two great people who will support our work around the
environmental sustainability of our software. This is part of the
grant we received from the Bundesumweltamt around the Blauer Engel eco
certificate.

Eliza Wieske will be taking on the role of project lead and event
manager for the project. This means that she will be the liaison to
the Bundesumweltamt and be available as an organizational contact for
anyone interested in the project and help answer questions about its
development. Her background is in the social sciences. Before moving
to Gothenburg (where she lives now) she worked alongside her studies
as an organizational assistant in a research group focused on the
internationalization of engineering education in Germany. With the
start of the project, she will be getting to know the free and open
software community, which she is looking forward to learning more
about while working with the team on getting this great digital
sustainability project running, so we can share it with the whole
community.

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss will be taking on the role of project and
community manager. He has been volunteering in the free software
community since 2013. Currently, he co-organizes the Berlin Freedombox
User Group (BeFUG) and works on outreach for the mobilize.berlin event
management service, for which he and colleagues gave a talk at the
37th CCC. Prior to KDE Joseph had worked professionally as a
researcher in the field of theoretical linguistics at the Universität
Potsdam. He is now excited to transition into the role of
community manager for the "Blauer Engel for FOSS" project.

If you'd like to learn more about the project and want to join the
work on making this all happen please have a look at Cornelius' email
here: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-devel/2021-June/000556.html

Please join me in welcoming Eliza and Joseph to the KDE Community.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org