Thoughts on the Plasma Mobile calendar

Luis Falcon falcon at gnuhealth.org
Mon Jun 21 18:08:26 BST 2021

Dear Dimitris

On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:41:31 +0000
Dimitris Kardarakos <dimkard at posteo.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Back in 2018, the Plasma Mobile ecosystem consisted of just a handful
> of apps. After a short discussion with Bhushan, I stepped forward to
> work on Calindori, the calendar application for Plasma Mobile.
>
> Calindori is written in QML/C++, it is based on Kirigami and (tries
> to) follow the KDE HIG. As a Kirigami based application, it can also
> run on desktop. In particular, some desktop specific bits have also
> been added to improve the desktop UI/UX. You can find more details
> here [1]
>
> During Akademy 2019 in Milan, Nicolas Fella suggested that a plugin
> system is created [2] that would make Calindori (or any other
> application that uses KCalendarCore) support various calendar
> backends.
>
> So, I have been maintaining Calindori trying to fulfill these
> requirements: 1. Offer a mobile application, and try to leverage
> Kirigami convergence capabilities to improve the desktop experience
> 2. Support calendars that follow the iCalendar [3] standard using
> KCalendarCore [4]
> 3. Avoid to tightly couple the application with a specific calendar
> backend (e.g Akonadi, Sink, etc)
> 4. Adopt the plugin based approach for multiple calendars and online
> synchronization support [5]

As I mentioned, I fully support your work on Calindori, and that is the
application I am working to integrate with MyGNUHealth.

I find Calindori a great piece of software, and I can see a lot of time
and effort has been put into it. It's convergent, simple -yet powerful-,
and beautiful.

So, I think we should support your fantastic work. I certainly will.

All the best
Luis