KDE Network China Event is looking for speakers and advice

Burgess Chang open at brsvh.org
Fri May 21 05:28:08 BST 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 8:01 AM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 10:16 AM Burgess Chang <open at brsvh.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi KDE Community,
> >
> > I'm Burgess Chang, Mina Liu and I from KDE Network China are planning
> > a KDE Network event sometime between July and August.  Our topics
> > include showing people some of the awesome, powerful and productive
> > KDE applications, so we are looking for some contributors or
> > developers to give some talks. Especially showing people the advanced
> > experience and sharing interesting stories about their contribution.
> >
> > In China, the smartphone has replaced most computer functions, so
> > people focus on productive applications and PC games when using the
> > computer, because this part can not run on the phone.  As we have to
> > think about how to raise people's interest and get them to prioritize
> > Linux applications and KDE, showing the possibility of this part maybe
> > is a good start.  For example, Krita and Kdenlive is my favorite
> > professional software in my experience with KDE.  Thus, I want to
> > invite the collaborators of Krita and Kdenlive.
> >
> > I have not used all the applications of KDE, so I also want to consult
> > what other software is suitable for this event.
>
> Hi!
> Sounds exciting!
> It could make sense to have some more information about what kind of
> contents you expect and the format you see them being delivered.
>
> Maybe it would also make sense to set up a call for papers on
> https://conf.kde.org?
>
> Aleix

Thanks for your suggestions!

> It could make sense to have some more information about what kind of
> contents you expect and the format you see them being delivered.

We would like to invite two or three community members who live in
China to share how they use KDE applications and how they started
contributing to the KDE community.  And the delivery format we want is
offline presentations, It will also include interactive Q&A.

> Maybe it would also make sense to set up a call for papers on
> https://conf.kde.org?

I will try to use it, but it looks like need a firm date? This event
is planned for a weekend in Aug, but no date has been set.

Burgess Chang