The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Wed May 19 13:30:10 BST 2021

Hi Christian,

First of all thank you very much for your work, and transparency to report
this. ❤️

On Wednesday, 19 May, 2021 2:04:26 PM IST Christian wrote:
> I tried my very best both to not drag KDE into this situation plus to keep
> the network running as I helped running it for the past 10 years, and to
> keep your data safe in the hands of the volunteers that curated it for
> decades.

Personally speaking at moment I am not concerned about public development
channels *that much*, but rather private channels including those used by
sysadmin, board and other teams should be first priority.

We should, either migrate them to new IRC network or migrate them to different
platform and in addition disconnect bridges with other networks for example,
matrix/telegram temporarily.

And yes, what is recommended by other staffers regarding your personal data/
password/email also stands.

Thanks.