The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)

Christian kde at fuchsnet.ch
Wed May 19 09:40:47 BST 2021

Hi Halla,

Libera, mentioned in my resignation letter, should open soon.
It is ran by now / soon to be ex-freenode staff, under a swedish non profit so
this can't happen again, but with the same goals and values as freenode.

OFTC would be an other option coming to mind, but I'd love to see you lot on
libera, of course.

Sorry that this was a bit rushed, one of us really couldn't live with us
handing over the data (well, to be honest, none of us can, but he decided to
go public before we could) and thus we now are a bit in a rush mode,
I'll try to give more updates as soon as I can, I'm currently at work and my
time is very limited.

Kind regards,

Christian