This list is now on emergency moderation

Philippe Cloutier chealer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 01:26:27 BST 2021

Greetings Valorie,

Le 2021-03-25 à 15:32, Valorie Zimmerman a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> Now that a discussion about a toxic person outside our community, and
> more importantly, the governance of an important part of the FOSS
> ecosystem has now devolved into "nazi" being tossed around:
>
> This list is now moderated. Only posts which meet the high standards
> of our agreement about responsibility to and for one another will be
> let through.

First, thank you for caring about communication quality. It is true that
a few messages this forum has received in the days before your
intervention were of such low value that I would rather not have seen them.

> If you are angry, pound the keys, write your post -- and then walk
> away. Later, when your feelings have cooled, please re-read what you
> have written.

Indeed. I am afraid I may sound repetitive as I already shared it with
this list recently, but as it already seems warranted, I am attaching
again FingerSaver.java, a funny, yet serious program to help making
mailing lists as boring as possible.

> Read https://kde.org/code-of-conduct/
> <https://kde.org/code-of-conduct/>where we agree to
>
>   * Be considerate
>   * Be respectful
>   * Be collaborative
>   * Be pragmatic
>   * Support others in the community
>   * Get support from others in the community
>
> If necessary, we will moderate some people individually and stop the
> emergency list-wide moderation.

Please clarify:

 1. What is the issue? This thread points to lack of compliance with a
    code, but recent mails from an administrator in another thread on
    this mailing list rather blame low topicality. What actually led to
    this decision?
 2. What is "emergency moderation"?

--
This mail's original content (non-quoted parts) is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 4.0.

Philippe Cloutier
http://www.philippecloutier.com