On the reappointment of Richard Stallman as a director of the FSF

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Apr 1 11:44:28 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 1. April 2021 00:27:57 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I feel that making a distinction between "KDE e.V. Board of Directors" and
> "KDE e.V." is artificial, the board of directors have been democratically
> elected to talk in name of KDE e.V.

Hmm, okay. The board may talk in the name of the KDE e.V., but that doesn't
mean it talks in the name of all members of the KDE e.V., the same way that a
democratically elected government talks in the name of the corresponding
country as a whole, but certainly doesn't talk in the name of each of its
citizens. Hopefully, they talk at least in the name of the majority.

Regards,
Ingo