This list is now on emergency moderation

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:03:40 GMT 2021

Hi Cori, reply inline

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 1:20 PM cori <cori at autistici.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I only subscribed to this list recently because someone pointed out to
> me that a discussion was going on which might interest me. I read some
> of the messages in the discussions about Richard Stallman, and was not
> inclined to participate.

Thanks for that. We do welcome your participation, and it is not necessary
to weigh in on every conversation.

> However, I do feel I have something to say here, and although I am
> perfectly aware that most probably my email will not be let through, I
> just don't want to keep silent this time.
>

> > toxic person
>
> >   * Be considerate
> >   * Be respectful
> >   * Be collaborative
> >   * Be pragmatic
> >   * Support others in the community

Point taken. I should have said "controversial person" or not applied a
label at all. Thanks for making that clear.

I don't think calling someone "toxic" is respectful or considerate. In
> my view, it's not collaborative either, since how can there be
> collaboration with the name calling, that may hurt readers' feelings?
> Expressing personal opinions about someone is not pragmatic, either, it
> doesn't add anything constructive to whatever needs to be done. And it
> certainly is not supportive of others in the community.
>
> In sum, I think this messages violates the very same rules of behavior
> it claims to uphold.
>
> Thank you.

Thank you for speaking up. I will do better in the future.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her