RMS and open letter

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Mar 25 03:00:58 GMT 2021

On 24/03/2021 21.19, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 2:58 PM Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> wrote:
>> Accordingly, I feel that this letter ought to be revised to target the
>> FSF board specifically, without so much of a focus on RMS himself or
>> calling for blanket boycotts of the FSF (what would this even entail?).
>> I think probably everyone could get behind that.
>
> Couldn't have said it better no matter how hard I had tried <3

I didn't sign because I found that letter unnecessarily inflammatory.

I would sign a revised version as proposed by Nate, without demanding
the entire FSF board to resign or step back on their decision.

The best action we could take, individually, is canceling our FSF
memberships and redirect our donations to organizations which are more
directly beneficial to the cause of Free Software. Like, for example...
KDE :-)

--
_ // Bernie Innocenti
\X/  https://codewiz.org/